This programme is for organisations needing basic language training in order to meet the 'comfortable' stage of Te Arawhiti's Whāinga Amorangi model.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- say a basic pepeha (mihi) to introduce themselves
- say a basic karakia which can be used to start a meeting
- pronounce basic Māori words correctly
- use basic greetings in and around the office
- talk about the status of the Māori language and why it is important
- use a range of strategies to learn language.
Supporting and building the expertise of Māori teachers nationally to acknowledge and value their contribution to improving outcomes for Māori students.
Haemata has been engaged by the Productivity Commission to elicit Māori feedback to the preparation of the Terms of Reference for their inquiry into the drivers of persistent disadvantage in Aotearoa New Zealand.